Saturday, August 9, 2008

Enjoying some R&R...

Oh my goodness, it feels sosososo nice to be done with summer school!!! The last two weeks were especially insane, but I'm finally done, woohoo!!! "Celebrate good times, come on!!" haha, ok, I'm done with the singing, too. Now I get to sit and wait for my grades to come in...yikes!!

Seriously, though, it feels so nice not to have to worry about homework and due dates. For one thing, I'm starting to play the piano more. When my mom, Chris, and I quit playing in the handbell choir at our old church last year, I ended up putting my music on the back burner and focusing instead on work and school. I decided to buy some new sheet music a couple of weeks ago, and one book that I'm really excited about is a collection of simplified LDS hymns. I love being able to play (and recognize!) some of the music I sing at church on Sundays! It feels great to think that I am learning to play the piano again, and I'm feeding my soul at the same time, haha!

For me, I think the best part about being done with school--I get to read something that isn't on a syllabus!! I finished up The Last Battle (amazing, amazing book), so that means I have FINALLY finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia, which I started right around my birthday in June. C. S. Lewis is now one of my favorite authors, and I regret not having read the series earlier. *sigh* So many books, so little time. After hearing some of my friends rave about Stephenie Meyer's Twilight, I've decided to give it a shot. I confess that I was a little hesitant about trying it at first, as I don't normally enjoy the sappy stuff. And it has vampires, which is another thing that I tend to avoid in literature. So far, all I can say is this: Mr. Darcy...you've got competition.

0 comments: